Senior Networking Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Join the Cloud Infrastructure team at Palo Alto Networks to help us build the next generation of security products. As a Network Operations Engineer, you'll be responsible for the day to day operations of the Palo Alto Networks production networks and support internal product teams in achieving their development goals.
- Provide firewall support and deploy security policies for internal teams in a fast-paced environment
- Configure network devices
- Operational support for public cloud
- Work closely with devops and development groups to troubleshoot network issues
- Help develop monitoring and alerting to proactively catch issues
- Work with internal and external teams to improve operational tooling
- 5+ years of experience working in network operations roles
- Familiarity and knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: BGP, OSPF, Spanning-Tree, EVPN, VXLAN
- Proficiency configuring and managing Palo Alto Networks (or alternate vendor) Firewalls
- Extremely proficient with network troubleshooting tools (Syslog, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark etc.)
- Network Management Expertise (Knowledge and understanding of standard network monitoring tools and procedures to isolate and resolve issues efficiently and quickly)
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems on live networks
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Experience support public cloud infrastructures (GCP/AWS/Azure) - a plus
- Load-balancing experience - a plus
- CCIE Certification - a plus
- Scripting (Python, PERL, bash or equivalent) - a huge plus
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .