Product Manager (Cortex - Cloud Log Platform and Infrastructure)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Product Manager for Cortex Data Lake, at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for developing and driving products to collect massive amounts of network, cloud, and endpoint data that is organized for AI use cases. You will be involved with the development of cloud-delivered services to help our customers collect all of their relevant data to enable apps that prevent successful cyberattacks, at all stages of the product life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities), feature selection and tactical activities. You will also work very closely with product managers across our broader team.
To be successful in this position you possess a combination of strong business insight and technical skills as well as to have a real passion for driving Cloud services and security outcomes while bridging customer business requirements. Be comfortable with frequent interaction with customers, prospects and industry analysts presenting our solution and explaining our products’ value while understanding and articulating their requirements. A successful track record of working closely with the Engineering and clear communication of business goals in technical terms.
- Translate customer business needs into product strategy and technology requirements as part of market and product requirements
- Develop, lead, and communicate product roadmap to customers, prospects and all internal key team members
- Drive engineering team and deliver high-quality products
- Work with the product marketing team and to develop compelling sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- Work with new product introduction (NPI), certifications, professional services, support, and education team, to ensure your products get coverages by these cross-functional teams
- Drive product pricing and go-to-market decisions
- BS/MS in a technical field
- 3+ years Product management experience in data collection or SIEM
- 3+ years in the cloud, network security or related markets
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle
- Expertise in one or more areas preferred: Firewall, Syslog, SOAR, NetFlow
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teammate able to lead and give support to cross-functional teams
- Experience in dynamic environments with overlapping projects/deliverables
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for world-class product managers to expand the team. Going forward, effective security must use AI and machine learning to quickly detect, investigate, and respond to the latest attacks. Manual effort no longer scales against automated adversaries. To train algorithms and gain novel security insights, analytics needs massive data sets that have been gathered over time. Sensors need to continuously learn and see everything (good and bad) to find where the next attack will strike and help teams respond quickly.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.