Channel Sales Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Channel Sales Manager is a significant driver of company revenue and growth. As an experienced and dynamic sales professional, you’re responsible for leading and driving sales engagements. You’re motivated by the desire to solve critical challenges facing our customer’s secure environment, so you’re prepared to connect them with a solution for every stage of threat prevention.
You’ll be responsible for meeting and exceeding your quota by crafting and implementing strategic territory plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. This is a unique opportunity for a closer with a go-getter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing competing technologies. Oh, and did we say you love to sell? Because selling is what gets you out of bed every morning. This is not just a career – it’s a meaningful challenge that impacts our lives in the digital age.
- Perform high-level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
- Build a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools or network technologies
- Generate volume opportunities to deliver a predictable book of business and drive forecast accuracy
- Engage a programmatic approach to demand to generate, develop, and expand your territory
- In close partnership with your Systems Engineer, you’ll demonstrate mid-market account selling strategies into a mix of install base and competitively held private companies
- Communicate value propositions to clients and stakeholders that speak intimately to their needs and requirements
- Bring to bear all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: inside sales, channel systems engineering, field marketing, cybersecurity sales specialists, the services team, sales ops (including the deal desk and the response team), and others
- Stay updated on industry news and trends, and how they affect Palo Alto Networks products and services
- Travel as necessary within your territory, and to company-wide meetings
- Consider yourself technical enough to cover some accounts while your SE is busy assisting others
- Understand how to win by using Channel partners, and are comfortable with a channel-centric go-to-market approach
- Demonstrated ability to segment accounts across the territory and dig in using the entire ecosystem with a specific focus on partners and marketing (1 to many)
- Have and able to lead all aspects of the sales cycle with the ability to uncover, qualifying, developing, and closing new, white-space territories and accounts
- History of exceeding your quota
- Possess a successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to mid-market customers
- Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- Highly competitive, ramp quickly, extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding production goals
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.