Data Visualization Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Big Data Visualization Team, through the combination of data analytics and visual creativity, builds smart dashboards and infographics that will enable us to make the best and fastest decisions possible and we are looking for a new member of the team. Could this be you?
Using your creative experience with open source solutions, you’ll Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations using d3 or equivalent, extending open-source visualization tools to support our unique requirements for visualization, security, data access, et al.
- Engage with business clients to understand information needs and translate them into clear UI requirements as well as optimal structures/layouts for dashboards and reports
- Build Custom Apps using React or React Native Framework
- Extend open source tools like Superset, Redash or Metabase to support our unique requirements for visualization, security, data access, and others
- Have a design and user experience mindset along with technical skills
- Conduct analysis on Big Data to prototype new metrics and perform analysis
- Perform query plan analysis, performance tuning, configuration changes in the BI Tools
- Partner with Data Engineering team to develop core data sets to build self-service delivery of data models to business users
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Python web development using either Flask, Django or Tornado
- Experience in building Native Mobile applications
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture to build services required for UI
- Proven track record of using data analyses to impact business or product decisions
- Ability to work with business customers in a fast-paced environment understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions
- Should be passionate about working with huge data sets and bring insights out of the datasets
- Familiarity with data visualization libraries and primitives such as d3.js, SVG, canvas, and WebGL
- Experience in building dashboards on large and complex data set to provide easy maneuvering for users
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, crafting, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.