People Data Scientist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The People Analytics team partners with the business and people leadership to guide decisions on our most important asset, our people. In this journey we strive to deliver insights, connecting people, performance to business outcomes focusing on recruiting, employee engagement, organization health, and workforce planning.
As a People Data Scientist, you'll be a highly valued thought partner for stakeholders within the People organization and the business; an expert problem solver utilizing quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. You will be detail-oriented, diligent, analytical and curious. You’ll be someone who wonders "What if?", then seeks out the solution. You’ll commit to helping implement and measure the effectiveness of the solutions in real time, iterating as needed.
You will play a pivotal role in guiding the organization to think through how to better attract, retain, develop and motivate talent as the organization continues to grow. Your knowledge of People data, along with deep business context, will enable you to shape and deliver deep insights guiding the People organization and Business Leaders to make thoughtful people decisions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support ongoing people initiatives
- Apply your expertise in hypothesis testing, statistical modeling, model deployment, and data visualization to guide evidence based decisions
- Leverage data mining and machine learning techniques to build and tune models, unify data sources and datasets from across the employee lifecycle to test hypothesis, enhance our understanding of employee behaviors
- Present to a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical) predictive and prescriptive analyses, explaining the insights and the key business drivers and making recommendations with trade-offs & implications
- Work with IT to build/deliver scalable solutions (model deployment and dashboard) to measure the impact of models and solutions
- Mentor team members on the application of statistical methods and solution design
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Science, I/O Psychology, Finance, Computer Science, or another field that uses quantitative analysis or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data
- 2+ years of experience using Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, R, Python, STATA, SAS, etc
- Experience applying statistical methods (e.g., correlations, regressions, A/B testing, GLM, decision tree, random forest, etc)
- Experience with databases, such as Hive, SAP, Redshift, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Workday, CultureAmp, a plus
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and thriving in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communications skills and solutions. Client service-oriented with an emphasis on creativity and diligence
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- You enjoy shaping ideas and driving execution
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most challenging cybersecurity threats.
You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.