Principal Software Engineer (Cortex XDR)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are a small team, developing a new solution for one of the most focused products in the company, moving quick and using cutting edge technologies in GCP.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Big Data Engineer, passionate to real-time stream processing, to join our team and be part of a new large-scale infrastructure for stream processing and machine learning (think exabytes of data!).
- Design and build a highly scalable solution, capable of running complex analytics over vast amounts of data in near real-time
- Take responsibility and lead the development of multiple components of the system in a dynamic environment
- Produce elegant and testable code
- Demonstrated experience developing real-time stream processing solutions - must
- Golang development - big advantage
- Hands-on experience with stream processing solutions, such as Dataflow, Flink, Spark Structure Streaming, Airflow etc - big advantage
- Experience with cloud computing technologies (GCP preferred) - advantage
- Experience with other big-data solutions such as Pub/Sub, Kinesis, Redis, BigQuery, Casandra - advantage
- A motivated, autodidact, problem solver with a great attitude towards work and people - must
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, work under pressure and maintain focus - must
- Knowledge of Networking and Operating Systems fundamentals- advantage
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.