Director, Inclusion & Diversity
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Here, our culture is the magic that makes us who we are and lets us work together in a way that creates an award-winning best place to work. We are looking for a senior leader to direct our strategic efforts in I&D and partner across the organization to help the company grow and scale with an I&D mindset and with initiatives that bring more diversity in our teams and a culture of inclusion. You would serve as a guiding resource and partner to leaders on diversity and inclusion practices and programs, bringing your trusted expertise and innovative solutions, and pitching ideas and strategies that likely have never been considered before at any organization, much less our industry. You will work with employees and leaders at every level of our organization because you are highly collaborative, truly value the contributions of your partners, and know that building diverse teams and an inclusive workplace requires the commitment of every employee.
Are you up for the challenge? Are you ready to recreate an industry that touches the future of our digital lives?
- Lead and continue to build the I&D team by hiring, enabling, and developing high impact team members who are innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers, action-oriented, and passionate about making a difference
- Develop our global I&D strategy to lead our industry in diversity and foster the kind of inclusive workplace that attracts and retains the very best people and teams
- Measure the impact of the strategy, leveraging the People Analytics team to generate insights and ensure effectiveness and measurement of I&D efforts to determine focus areas within each organization
- Consult with leaders and key partners across the organization to offer thought leadership and practical problem solving needed to advance our I&D goals
- Research and benchmark world-class industry practices for approaches to advance diversity and inclusion within the company, using data-driven practices that have proven results
- Collaborate across People teams to address hiring and university recruiting strategy, onboarding, engagement, and strategic outreach programs related to I&D to introduce inclusion concepts, training, and materials throughout the organization
- Drive the content to tell our story internally and externally, working with our Communications partners and Marketing on our I&D global brand strategy and messaging
- Identify and act as the key liaison with internal and external diversity partners, organizations, and events aligned with our I&D strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10+ years of direct experience with Diversity and Inclusion programs or related talent management program experience
- Excellent consulting, collaboration, organizational, and change management skills
- Extensive experience leading complex projects related to Diversity and Inclusion in a technical industry
- Experience working as a consultative with senior partners in a high-touch & high-tech environment
- Ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, change, and rapid pace
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to flex to the strategic level
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.