Systems Engineer Federal DISA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
- Responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks overall Platform and Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective Special Programs customers located in Northern Virginia.
- Creating and delivering demonstrations of the products
- Gathering customer technical requirements
- Creating evaluation test plans with customers
- Managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues and will be the customer's advocate for issues that require assistance from HQ and TAC
- You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product improvements from your customer base
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Experience selling into the Federal Special Programs community is a requirement
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches, Web Content Filters, IDPS’, and Endpoint security
- Familiarity with Virtual Machine environments
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly Security clearance required or ability to activate administratively debriefed clearance at TS/SCI w/poly level
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under high-stress
- Super organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Prior startup experience preferred
- Ability to travel, although most work performed in MD/DC/VA area
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.