Systems Engineer, IoT
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This position does not work in a physical Palo Alto Networks office location, but instead covers a particular market for our sales prospects.
The Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineering (SE) Specialist for IoT is responsible for developing high-trust relationships with Zingbox customers, measured through customer acquisition. This SE will partner with Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Zingbox Internet of Things product solutions (IoT Identity, Security & Optimization). The SE will be responsible for technical presentations, software demos, many to one hands-on sessions, running proof of concepts, etc. This SE will consult, influence and design solutions to meet our customer's business requirements. In addition to technology aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current; the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence. This role requires a strong understanding of solution benefits administration, technology (particularly IoT Security in a SaaS setting), security analyst methodology and security stack integration (Firewall, SIEM, NAC, Endpoint Protection and Machine Learning Concepts).
You are the “go-to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard SE support requirements. Your role is one of technical mentorship – working with your account manager to build integrated solutions for our client’s unique environments. With your colleagues, you will displace competing technologies, and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as our product integrates to build secure digital transactions.
● Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to manager
● Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to take care of
● Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
● Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
● Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
● Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
● Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
● Take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities
● Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
● Assist in the training of Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
● Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required
● Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
● BSCS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as a SE or systems integrator
● Healthcare experience is a plus (not an absolute requirement)
● Successful experience working in 1 or more industry verticals; Critical infrastructure, Medical and or Manufacturing.
● 4+ years of experience as a pre-sale engineer facing customers.
● Experience installing, configuring and integrating a complex Security environment
● Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure and behavior
● Demonstrable experience in securing these environments
● Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
● Working knowledge of endpoint prevention, SIEM, vulnerability management tools, SOC, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint.
● Experience selling, demonstrating, installing, and solving network infrastructure security product
● Travel of 40%-60% within the designated region
● Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written
● Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
● Familiar working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach
● Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
● Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
● Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.