Senior Manager, Technical Security Programs
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (NYSE: PANW), is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. In this newly created opportunity, we are looking for an extraordinary Sr. Manager, Safety & Security Operations, with a passion for protecting corporate assets, to include people, property and information. You will build and lead a program to deliver international programs, products and services related to the Safety & Security business function. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Safety & Security, you will work closely with Finance, IT, HR, Risk, Engineering, Sales and the Real Estate & Facilities team. We are seeking a colleague who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a fast-paced and dynamic company.
- Creativity counts! Work with senior leadership – and ultimately every employee – to translate company culture, values, and strategies into practical application for safety and security. We don’t want static “standards”, but we do want to clearly articulate certain principles and guidelines, as well as a continuously-evolving collection of best practices.
- Operate as the SPOC for all aspects of Palo Alto Networks technical security program, including projects, standards, technical roadmap, budget and execution.
- Lead the identification, selection, contracting, and long-term supervision of Project Managers, Program Managers, Outsourced partners and subject matter experts as required to deliver products and services. You will find and engage with best-in-class experts.
- Work closely with the real estate team to drive the technical security due diligence process.
- Leverage your extensive network of industry contacts and technical knowledge to keep Palo Alto Networks technical security program modern, scalable and relevant.
- Develop and manage budgets, timelines, and resourcing plans for major capital projects.
- Partner effectively with key groups such as IT, Real Estate & Facilities, Procurement, Finance, Legal and HR. Maintain regular communications with a variety of stakeholders, to ensure that all concerned parties are well informed.
- Represent Palo Alto Networks in certain external forums where our SAS program is a focus and leverage regular external interactions to keep Palo Alto Networks on the “leading-edge” of best practices in workplace safety and security.
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating.
- Be a best in class vendor manager that enables our vendors to succeed while holding them to a high performance bar.
- Be a champion for diversity and inclusion
- Other duties, projects, and initiatives as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred – with broad exposure to both security and safety related requirements, as well as strong business acumen skills.
- 10+ years running technical security projects and programs on a Global scale
- Ability to build the workplace program with growth and change in mind. Capable of leading the efforts to differentiate our offices from other companies, from the perspective of both customers and employees.
- Understand and advise the company as it relates to matters of compliance, efficiency and industry standards.
- Comfortable enough to constantly adapt to the terrain and circumstances of a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of relevant products and vendors, including EH&S, Systems Technology and Security service providers.
- Ability to set, manage, and deliver within a reasonable budget, as well as the ability to make decisions and trade-offs based on holistic financial metrics. You are detail-oriented, and have both left-brain and right-brain strengths.
- Superior language, written and oral, communication skills required.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism.
- Frequent travel required.
- Dynamic and team oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic.
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of contractual and related matters.