Major Sales Representative - Dallas
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Major Sales Representative, we are seeking a sales professional to manage and drive sales in a set of major accounts that you will work in conjunction with the Major Account Manager. You will play a key role in expanding the customer base as well as creating new campaigns in order to drive revenue within the accounts. You will be expected to achieve sales quota on a monthly and quarterly basis by building strategic campaigns and utilizing the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Platform. This is a hybrid (inside and outside) sales position that reports to the District Sales Manager of Corporate Sales.
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Hunt for and sell to new clients by identifying cross-selling and up-selling opportunities
- Independently run sales campaigns, product demos, and POCs
- Analyze need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT influencers and senior decision makers within a territory
- Build, maintain, and execute Account plans and strategies
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Team and collaborate effectively with Majors Account Manager
- Build relationships with channel and integration partners
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive position of the company
- Travel to customers and partners required up to 25% of working time
- 4+ years of sales experience in the IT industry is preferred
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and targets
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Conducts effective presentations to C level executives
- Achievement-oriented and passionate about their work
- Interacts effectively with others
- Demonstrates a professional phone manner and conduct
- Maintains focus on daily schedule and objectives and effectively set priorities
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.