Business Systems Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) acts as a liaison between IT Development and business functions to help build solutions needed to scale and support our teams. The BSA works cross-functionally to develop and implement solutions. You are responsible for turning business requirements into designs and actionable tasks, project definition, and planning, to testing and go-live. In this role, you will partner across the organization with teams ranging from Sales Operations, Revenue Acceleration, and Sales Leadership to identify systemic pain points and architect solutions for our business and systems.
● Work very closely with Sales Operations, Sales Leadership, and our Revenue Acceleration team to understand business requirements for systemic changes and then partner closely with IT Development for creation of functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
● Be the Subject Matter Expert for the company’s sales forecasting tool (Clari). Drive related system and process changes and partner cross-functionally to support enablement activities
● Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
● Perform gap analysis: as is vs. to be
● Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication, and change management
● Writing and reviewing QA and UAT test scripts
● Leading UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance sign-off
● Understand broader business drivers to map business needs to process & functional solution design
● Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
● Develop future solution strategies by working closely with Business and IT Development teams
● Utilize business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
● Balance relationships with multiple business teams for new solution features and technical support
● Resolve Tier 2 user tickets related to Clari and other tools
● Salesforce.com experience (certification a plus)
● Clari experience required (experience with other forecasting tools a plus)
● Minimum 3 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst working with sales processes such as Forecasting and Account/Opportunity management. The ideal candidate will understand the full sales motion.
● Minimum 3 years of experience preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing a detailed gap analysis
● Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
● Demonstrated experience in project conceptualization and planning
● Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
● Ability to lead and work multi-functionally within a business unit team and have strong influencing skills
● Able to handle multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
● Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
● Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company a plus
● Project Management experience a plus
● Business process reengineering experience, Six Sigma certification, etc. is a plus
● 4-year degree (minimum) in Information Systems or related discipline
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics."