Principal Security Software Engineer (Cloud)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Before our products ever see the light of day, they are used extensively by employees of Palo Alto Networks in a production-grade environment for various use cases. We think and behave like a customer and call this the ‘First Customer Program’. The outcome is robust and easy to deploy Cyber Security Solutions.
The Principal Software Engineer, Cybersecurity Solutions, owns this critical network, security and cloud infrastructure, managing this scalable distributed infrastructure as code, applying automation to this solutions pipeline and driving insights & metrics from data. This role is a technical software and automation evangelist responsible for Palo Alto Networks’ (PANW) security and network infrastructure for all enterprise, partner, and customer-facing services related to First Customer deployments.
- Drive solution requirements, design, and implementation of security use cases focused on Enterprise Security, SaaS security, Cloud security, endpoint security, container & serverless security and end-to-end visibility utilizing Palo Alto Networks firewalls, Prisma and Cortex products. Articulate and track success KPI’s per use case across the design lifecycle.
- Capture key best practices, build automation for new features with the mindset of infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, cross-domain automation and success KPIs that dramatically improve cybersecurity solutions.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams leading solution deployment, troubleshooting, and champion improvements.
- Act as the go-to authority at the technical architecture level and think like a critical consumer of cybersecurity.
- Must be comfortable taking on new solutions making them work with existing footprint. Deploy, test, analyze and provide reports on new products.
- Develop automation solutions to push global changes on compute instances: servers, endpoints , etc.
- Build product adoption and maturity dashboards to track use case success metrics.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by creating whitepapers, videos, and blogs to guide customers and the industry on best practices and ease of consumption.
- Manage the scrum process with the team, drive agility and eliminate technical roadblocks.
- Expertise in SaaS Security, Public Cloud Security, Endpoint Detection & Response, Behavioral Analytics, container, and serverless technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Expert knowledge of agile and CI/CD processes.
- Expert understanding of design and implementation of networking, security and SOC management and analytics systems.
- Experience with MySQL/NoSQL databases, API load balancers, and SOAR platforms
- Solid programming skills and 4+ yrs of experience with any/all of Python/Jinja, Ansible/Terraform, API tools, and microservices.
- Critical thinking and analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of routing protocols, tunneling protocols, firewalls technologies (PANW preferred), user profiling, app management, and security policy management.
- Master in Computer Science or related field
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.