Global Events Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Global Events Specialist, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of select event programs while helping to advance the vision and strategic direction of the department. This position requires superior organization, negotiation, and communication skills, as well as being able to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. We are looking for an experienced event marketing professional with strong hands-on experience planning and executing events and programs.
- Plan, manage and execute corporate global events
- Work closely with our Head of Global Events and other Global Events team members on all events including our all of our tradeshows, Ignite Conference development and execution, marketing event execution, promotions and sponsorship arrangements and key initiatives within the organization
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with external vendors and event partners
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Negotiate agreements with vendors and sponsor contacts to ensure the lowest cost and highest quality of service
- Determine fiscal requirements and manage event budget including the collection of receipts and all surrounding documents
- Coordinate event environment (signage, branding, etc.) and manage the execution of events on site
- Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events
- Troubleshoot and smooth issues related to the successful execution of the event program
- Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps, internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans
- Ensure our event presence is on strategy and consistent
- Conduct research and identify new event opportunities for the company
- Source and manage promotional items for key marketing initiatives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Extensive background in executing large tradeshows is a requirement
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Ability to develop strong networks and build credibility within the organization
- Team player who is able to manage multiple deadline-driven projects
- Flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as flexibility with similar alternative programs
- Ability to process a vast amount of information and understand and prioritize competing for business needs
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels to meet business goals
- Proven ability to take direction and input in order to develop effectively and engaging branded events that will achieve organizational goals
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency
- Highly organized self-starter
- Experience working in an event marketing capacity with events experience in a marketing organization
- Experience working with a technology company is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
- Travel required 40%+
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.