Public Cloud System Engineer, Indochina
As a Palo Alto Networks Public Cloud Systems Engineer (SE), you will be the expert on our solutions offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP) and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with SME in the advanced or new technology areas.
As our expert in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP) & other public cloud environments you will be required:
- To present to customers at all levels in the hierarchy (from engineering team members to CIO) the solution, benefits, usp’s etc
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with when moving critical data, intellectual property, and mission critical applications to Public Cloud.
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative.
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
The Public Cloud Systems Engineering role is an overlay technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. Public Cloud Systems Engineer is measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management teams, Consulting Engineering teams to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks cloud offerings
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (Alicloud, AWS, Azure & Google Cloud)
- Be an evangelist to further bring Security, DevOps and SecOps together (DevSecOps)
- Provide technical demos to prospective customers
- Write code / scripts as needed (or be able to learn if you don’t)
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Working with Product Management, Consulting Engineering, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities. The Public Cloud Systems Engineer will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts.
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the country or region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be critical to win over new top tier customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- Good knowledge of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), other cloud providers and cloud security models (security in the cloud and of the cloud), firewalls, and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Demonstrable experience in securing cloud environments and cloud systems, including topics around certification and compliance
- Experience in DevOps will be added advantage
- Programming experience in a higher-level language such as NodeJS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON or Python will be advantages
- Good understanding & expertise of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, Github etc)
- Good understanding of API based security & compliance standards
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as a system engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud installation, configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related best practices)
- Experience with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization and cloud computing
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Travel up to 50% within the designated region / country / theater. International travel also required on ad-hoc basis
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Super organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal