Customer Reliability Engineer (CRE, Cortex XDR)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society. Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security Products are the latest in our security platform that bring the power and scale of our products to our customers, and industry. It’s a groundbreaking change in the way the industry views cybersecurity as it relates to our cloud environments, one that is necessary in our mission to protect our way of life in the digital age. To support these products, we have a fast- growing team called our Engineering Technical Assistance Center (ETAC) that is empowered by our Customer Reliability Engineers (CRE). This team utilizes the experience of senior network and security engineers to build the environment where our customers and employees thrive. In this Customer Reliability Engineer (CRE) role, you will act as a liaison between our Development Operations teams, as well as our support teams to assist in escalations. While this role is similar to a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will provide more opportunities to tackle critical end user experience concerns, while improving reliability and serviceability of the product, without revenue creation distractions. We are approaching customer service in an entirely new fashion, and we are looking for talented, motivated, dedicated individuals to help us define what the future of customer support should be.
● Enablement of the TAC teams - assist with ad hoc Q&A but this also includes some structured training throughout the year
● Utilize tracking of issue resolution (post-mortem) and work with this data to provide feedback for product improvement (supportability)
● Training TAC on the developed tools and processes. This is an ongoing deliverable
● Develop tools for TAC – For better visibility, troubleshooting and to reduce load on Engineering or DevOps
● Filling in the gaps. Sometimes there are opportunities to “catch” a problem before it escalated. ETAC is positioned to identify or help in these unplanned projects that result in a better customer experience, or a cost reduction or better security
• Senior support engineer (5+ years’ experience) with CS/EE/Networking masters or equivalent background
• Experience working directly with large global customers and partners in addition to internal teams (such as DevOps, Engineering, QA, Product management..)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong experience with networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP..)
• Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols
• Scripting (C/C++/Python) knowledge
• Experience with SQL
• Experience training internal teams is a plus
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry. We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website. Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics. Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.