Corporate Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Corporate Systems Engineer I, you will support our inside sales team in connecting with customers to understand their business needs and related security challenges. You will present our security solutions to prospective customers, deliver demonstrations of the products, gather customer technical requirements, and propose technical recommendations. You will also collect and organize feedback across the team for Corporate SE leadership, to share with the Product Management team on new feature requests and product improvements needed by Corporate Sales customers.
● Understand customer business drivers and security challenges
● Capture customer technical requirements and identify gaps in their current installations
● Lead customer conversations about our security platform and solutions
● Deliver compelling demonstrations of products and solutions and differentiate from competitors or legacy security solutions
● Qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities through sales life-cycle
● Support expansion our solutions within existing accounts
● Craft customer evaluation test plans that highlight the strengths of our platform and clearly differentiate from competitors
● Support maintenance of local SE lab for testing and training purposes and assist with customer EBC visits
● Experience as a successful SE, systems integrator, or equivalent experience
● Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
● Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
● Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
● Prior experience with network infrastructure-based security appliances, such as Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
● Experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
● Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting technical products
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.