Public Cloud Security Architect, APAC (Based in Shanghai/Beijing)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a senior contributor within the Business Development team / CE team, you will be expected to help support testing & integration activities, roll out new solutions /offerings with the new ecosystem partners, provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base. Through a deep understanding of assigned partners, you will lead and drive the activities required to improve our relevancy, act as an evangelist for Palo Alto Networks within partner technical communities and work with partner executives and technical teams to help them better understand our platform, road map and strategy.
- Help strategic ecosystem partners, customers etc. adopt Palo Alto Networks cloud offerings
- Work with PM, Engineering and BD teams to onboard strategic partners by testing, integrating various solutions/ products in different environments
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (Alicloud, AWS, Azure & Google Cloud etc.)
- Be an evangelist to further bring Security, DevOps and SecOps together (DevSecOps)
- Write code/scripts as needed (or be able to learn if you don’t)
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers/partner requirements are exceeded
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers /partner and provide feedback
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
- The Consulting Engineer / BDE will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts / strategic partner ecosystem
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs / strategic ecosystem partner in the region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects / strategic ecosystem partner and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments
- Assist in the training of new SEs / strategic ecosystem partner in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in our product suite
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be critical to winning over new top tier customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- High degree of travel within the China & APAC territory is required, overseas travel (primarily the US) may be required as necessary
- BSCS or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience as a systems engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Prior experience of working across security domains, including network infrastructure, Automation & Orchestration, Scripting, Cloud and End point, within a large, strategic partner community
- Experience with technical security concepts: firewalling, sandboxing, IPS/IDS, AV, Identity & Access Management etc.
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L7 Networking, North/South, East West traffic flows (switching, routers etc.), data center
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and fixing network infrastructure security products
- Good knowledge of Public Cloud (Alicloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP)) and cloud security models (security in the cloud and of the cloud), firewalls, and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in securing cloud environments and cloud systems, including topics around certification and compliance
- Experience in DevOps will be an added advantage
- Programming experience in a higher-level language such as NodeJS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON or Python will be advantages
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure installation, configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related standard methodologies)
- Experience with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization and cloud computing
- Self-motivated & Self driven
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
Your Preferred Experience
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, etc.: their creation and activation
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.