Senior Director, People Analytics
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Sr. Director, People Analytics will lead a top tier team of data experts, you will build-out the vision and strategy beyond data collection and analyses, developing a direct link between workforce insights and decisions. You get excited about using data to drive people and culture strategies and decisions, and yet with a small and dynamic team, you will play at all levels. You will help to solve complex organizational challenges through people-related KPIs, analysis, and diagnostics and communicate the results, including the use of Informatics, that informs and drives the organization to action.
You thrive on creating value and making improvements through insightful analysis derived from complex modeling while making data easier to access and digest. Your strategic work will enable us to talk about human capital in business terms and use data and insights to help make important workforce decisions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases, reinvent how work is done.
- Build a People Analytics and Insights function beginning with setting the vision and 3-year roadmap
- Provide thought leadership on the complete cycle of talent analytics, from sourcing, retention, and development to organizational health and culture, exit information and alumni status, and develop people related KPIs, dashboards and forecast reports to scale analytics and insights to the organization
- Develop employee predictive analytics to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data, as well as factors that could affect the results of research, and translate data and trends into strategies and stories to achieve client, program, and business objectives for resource optimization
- Run and implement surveys including designing questions and reports, delivering executive presentations, creating complex data models and performing analysis to identify trends used for actionable insights and workforce decision-making
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all workforce strategies (e.g., training/development, compensation, inclusion & diversity, performance, etc.) and clearly communicate and influence leaders on findings and recommendations
- Partner with the broader HR functions to understand and deliver on their data needs from standard reporting, workforce planning support, to organizational analysis and recommendations
- Partner closely with HRIS and IT to build the required system functionality to collect, analyze and present data
- Provide coaching and training on the use and interpretation of data insights
- Develop and maintain appropriate benchmarks with other organizations
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive data
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or mathematical fields such as Statistics, Actuarial Science or Applied Mathematics, A D. degree is preferred
- You have strong and recent 8+ years of related experience in business intelligence, data mining, workforce analytics or market insights at a leadership level demonstrated through your intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity
- Strategic orientation and demonstrated ability to build complex statistical models needed to understand issues at a detailed level and forecast impacts of change
- Have led the interpretation of statistical data in a simplified and understandable way to non-experts (both written and verbally) in the form of graphs, charts, and tables, etc.
- You have a demonstrable partnership and influencing skills and ability to anticipate problems and opportunities and the initiative to pursue solutions
- You have extraordinary analytical skills, mastery of business intelligence or related discipline, along with critical thinking skills in formulating hypotheses, interpreting results, and being able to make educated guesses when data may be sparse or unavailable
- Attention to detail is a must and you have experience working in high-growth, performance focused environments with the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- You have the ability to lead a team and work autonomously, leading large-scale projects in a fast-paced organization
- You have excellent executive presentation skills with the ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.