Intern - IT End User Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to design, develop and deliver on new solutions to better the technologies within our End user Engineering team. We want passionate engineers who love solving technical challenges, building great products and care deeply about the work they are accomplishing. More importantly, we want people who are team players and are willing to go above and beyond to contribute to the team.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● Closely work with business owners to understand the challenges in solving practical problems
● Work with best in class enterprise management tools to automate and secure endpoints
● Script solutions that reduce ticket drivers
● Work closely with security to ensure policies and guidelines are enforced
● “Proof of Concept” new technologies and make recommendations based on the results
● Perform day-to-day endpoint maintenance including patching, deployments, and hardening
● Must have drive and initiative to learn technical skills not taught in a classroom. Ability to learn new technologies and apply them in a business environment.
● Demonstrated ability to solve problems and identify the root cause of any issue, no matter how challenging
● Design and quickly implement solutions.
● Knowledge of WIN/ macOS, Xcode, and Active Directory an even bigger PLUS
● Agile/Scrum methodology
● Strong technical aptitude, analytical, and problem solving skills
● Strong written and verbal communication preferred
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Employee Enablement team builds and supports technology for our employees. It’s crucial that everything we offer and support are easy for people to use and understand. We have a high-performance culture filled with people that refuse to take no for an answer. Our team takes pride in taking technical excellence to a whole new level and are intrinsically motivated to do some of our best work yet.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.