Intern - Software Engineer in Test
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Virtualization team at Palo Alto Networks, you will develop our next-generation virtualization, SDN and Cloud offerings. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing new hypervisor and container deployments, public and private cloud integrations, and core networking improvements in pure software environments.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Learn public clouds like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Learn private clouds like VMware, NSX and OpenStack
- Understand networks and virtual firewall specifics for Cloud infrastructure
- Strong Python programming. Knowing C is a plus.
- Good understanding of network routing/switching and protocols like TCP/IP
- Exposure to Cloud environments like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is a plus
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Virtualization Cloud Integration team is responsible for architecting, designing and integrating security solutions to make easier and faster adoption of Palo Alto Networks security product in public cloud, private cloud and containerized environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.