Senior DevOps Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Work with Data Analysts, Product Owners and data scientists, to better understand requirements, finding bottlenecks and resolutions
- Build batch/real time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies like Apache Beam, Big Query, Spark
- Provide technical engineering working on Hadoop, Cloud Technologies
- Design and implement solutions to improve existing support processes and tools
- Support our development and management infrastructure and integrate all systems to work as one
- Write automation code and build tools for provisioning and operating our Development infrastructure on multi OS virtualized environments
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance of Cloud and Hadoop Infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software Engineering automating and maintaining deployments, operations, and processes both on premise and in the cloud
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, Python and shell scripting
- Demonstrated experience with big data infrastructure
- Understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies - Infrastructure, Storage, Platforms and Data - preferably GCP
- Experience in building Hadoop Clusters-Apache, Kudu, Impala, Spark and Kafka
- Familiarity with tools for monitoring and system alerting (Grafana, Prometheus)
- Managing multiple products/release cadences with source control branching strategies (taking into account CI/CD pipeline automation - Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Spark, HDFS and Cloud Technologies.
- Software Development experience with Python, Scala and/or Java
- Experience with open-source tools and technologies in large distributed systems
- Experience building and developing scalable, resilient, always-on data lake
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Excellent information and data analysis skills
- Experience working in High Technology Support organizations is preferred
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, crafting, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.