Full Stack Developer - Support Tools and Automated Diagnostics
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this team, you will work on an exciting and new disruptive technology that is fundamentally changing the way people engage and think about Technical Support Services. Traditional Technical Support is performed by human engineers that read through vast amounts of log files to determine the cause and solution to a problem, but what if a machine were able to do that faster and more effectively than a human? If you are creative, passionate, curious, inquisitive, and love to innovate, you'll fit in with our team well.
- Looking for a full stack engineer who can develop a highly visual, interactive, and intuitive web-based user interface, backend APIs, infrastructure, and intelligence that automates many Technical Support, Professional Services, and QA tasks
- Explore and suggest ideas for new features and functionality that make the application an industry-leading example for diagnostic and automation tools
- Be available to provide application support during business hours, and off-hours for business-critical situations when needed
- Knowledge of Linux, HTTP, RESTFUL APIs, and JSON
- Experience working with Ansible, Python, and PHP a plus
- Opportunity for growth in the following areas, Databases, Caching, Amazon Web Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, and Big Data
- Previous experience in a Technical Support, Professional Services, or QA role would be highly advantageous but not required
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.