Sales Operations Senior Manager
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This Sales Operations professional partners and provides leadership to the Global and Majors Sales organizations to drive performance management, analytics, and growth. This includes improving operational processes and offering advice on maximizing opportunities using their deep understanding of the business.
● Assist Regional Vice Presidents of both Majors and Globals organizations in all facets of running the business, including:
● Drive annual, semi-annual sales planning including quota planning, go-to-market modeling, capacity modeling, and optimization.
● Manage regional bookings forecast information leveraging existing internal processes, methodologies and automation/forecasting tools
● Drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards to promote consistent visibility and delivery of the business plan
● Convert raw data into well-presented and useful business information that drives business decisions
● Manage around and through the potential process and technical limitations to deliver the best outcomes possible
● Drive standards of performance and specific activities that align with the predefined success criteria for the sales organization; track and report on these activities to ensure outcomes are on track/met.
● Act as the key liaison for aligning territory quotas/plans and managing compensation escalations/exception situations
● Manage compliance of the non-standard transactions process
● Track quarterly metrics on general business performance, average discounts, non-standard exceptions, etc.; recommend action items for improvement
● Drive month-end and quarter-end close process; facilitate tracking of outstanding purchase orders, ensuring order compliance, bookings reports, etc.
● Strong sales operations, planning, and analysis experience a must
● Strong understanding of sales processes, business acumen, and methodologies
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
● A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
● Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail, experience using reporting and analytics applications preferred; Salesforce preferred and/or Anaplan a plus
● Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
● Advanced skills in Excel & PowerPoint; Salesforce.com experience a strong plus
● Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
● Ability to work cross-functionally across all areas of the business
● Self-starter, able to establish own priorities, initiatives and drive to closure
● Works well under pressure of heavy workload and time constraints
● Strong understanding of Sales, Inside-Sales, Channels and supporting business functions
● Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, operations preferred
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.