Inside Sales Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Corporate Systems Engineer, also known as Inside Systems Engineer, you will work closely with the Commercial Sales team and Channel partners to ensure our customers have a preference for Palo Alto Networks. You will gather customer technical requirements, make expert technical recommendations, present and demonstrate our security solutions to prospective customers. You will elevate the technical understanding of your sales peers and scale via our partners. You will also provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
- Effectively lead conversations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Proactively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and leverage channel partners to excel in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of the Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process, helping manage support escalations with the customer to closure, if necessary
- Build and maintain an SE lab for testing and training purposes
- Assist with customer CBC visits
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience as a successful SE at an IT vendor, systems integrator, Cloud Provider, or equivalent experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances, such as Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
- Knowledge of L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing).
- Experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution.
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting.
- Experience training customers and partners.
- Experience and knowledge of modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies
- Perfect English with ideally another language (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, Dutch, Turkish, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Dannish, Finnish).
- Industry certifications is a plus (SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.).
We have brought a technology to market that is reshaping the network security landscape. Our ability to protect enterprises is only limited by our ability to build positive relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how we can help. This is where our systems engineer team come in. Our systems engineering team members work hand-in-hand with the sales team to help provide technical support and educate customers on our products and solutions during the purchase making process.
You will identify complex security challenges in your potential customers’ networks and drive solutions using our market leading security products and services. We need individuals who are capable of forming relationships with clients built on trust, education, and partnership.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org