Senior Manager Credentialing Program
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Sr. Manager, Credentialing Program is a player/leader role that focuses on driving innovation to scale Palo Alto Networks credentialing portfolio across the entire landscape of Palo Alto Networks technology. This person will set the overall vision of the program as well as taking direct ownership of managing the portfolio. The person would help drive the strategy, engagement and execution to grow existing customer and partner certifications along with building new credentials aligning Palo Alto Networks product portfolio and growth strategy. The role will focus on running the program in delivering measurable results, including increased innovation in implementing the credential framework.
As the Senior Manager for Credentialing Programs, you will be working across product, customer service, and marketing Technical Subject Matter Experts, to build an ongoing best-in-class credential program across Enterprise and Cloud platforms. You will manage the teams’ processes, communications, and strategy for the business and along with the team taking responsibility to facilitate certification exam development, program definition and JTA workshops. You will be responsible for providing proactive and strategic, longer-term planning on processes, tools and/ or infrastructure, for the existing and new programs.
- Develop and execute the overall certification strategy, roadmap, timelines, and other processes to ensure meaningful growth in credentialing portfolio
- Identify, document, and develop mitigation plans for risks throughout and consistently work with stakeholders to optimize certification processes for future cycles
- Design and optimize processes to improve efficiencies and develop a communication strategy to ensure successful implementation of certifications across different products and business units
- Monitor and track the day-to-day development activities of the certification team including vendors required to deliver a great product on time
- Deliver clear, succinct dashboards for all organizational stakeholders, focusing on key certification metrics and milestones
- Manage the certification team to ensure consistent practices, reports, including the development of templates, webinars, workshops, and briefings to the leadership team
- Plan and manage exam development activities subject matter expert recruitment Job task analysis, exam blueprinting, item writing workshops, public alpha/beta testing and technical reviews
- Plan and manage events and marketing needs for each certification at all employee, partner and customer events
- Build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and third-party vendors involved in Palo Alto’s certifications programs
- Approximately 30% travel.
- 10+ years of certification management experience
- Strong customer orientation, driven to deliver quality experiences to stakeholders and customers
- Strong ability and passion for building consensus among numerous stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills, able to remain professional under pressure and tight deadlines
- Preferred experience in the area of training and delivery
- Preferred experience with working on cybersecurity credentialing programs
The education team inspires cybersecurity professionals around the world. They drive awareness, in-depth understanding, and adoption through our customers. You motivate audiences around the world by training our suite of products to promote the full adoption of our services to protect digital environments. It's a meaningful career path, one that requires constant learning and evolution.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.