Director of Executive Recruiting
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As Director of Talent Acquisition for Executive Recruiting you will be instrumental in developing, aligning and delivering our Executive Recruiting strategy to not only assure Palo Alto Networks growth trajectory and market expansion but when done well, accelerate it. This is a leadership role and requires equal parts intellect, persistence, ambition, and empathy. Key areas of focus are:
- A history of success in developing Executive Recruiting strategies, managing relationships with senior executives, shaping next-level recruitment methodologies and rolling up your sleeves.
- Hire, lead, Inspire and motivate seasoned Executive Recruiters to ensure team commitments, performance standards of excellence, and overall Executive hiring needs are met.
- Be a contributing member of the talent acquisition leadership team, involved in helping shape the global TA strategy and champion best practices to continue Palo Alto Networks market position.
- Influence senior management and gain alignment on candidate calibration and recruitment process.
- Lead and manage performance of the team for clarity of expectations, near-term results, longer-term bench strength and overall job engagement and satisfaction.
- Model effective collaboration with Function Leaders, HR Business Partners, & other Support teams to achieve needed team alignment and shared vision of success.
- Partner closely with our Executive leadership team to proactively understand talent needs, organization strategy, any changes in climate, etc. and develop the Talent Acquisition Strategy and supporting plans to address the needs.
- Provide consultative advice and demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes.
- Participate in planning and forecasting hiring requirements; proactively identify and resolve risks.
- Evaluate, both short- and long-term, business growth needs - using data to influence - to direct capacity planning and how Palo Alto Networks workforce strategy will be met through acquiring talent.
- Enhance Palo Alto Networks’ Talent Brand by proactively sharing and marketing our story and Employee Value Proposition.
- Develop inclusive marketing/social media approach for targeted reach.
- Build an Executive sourcing and diverse talent pipeline strategy for critical roles.
- Provide guidance to continually deliver quality candidates and hires.
- Drive further enhancement to recruiting, interviewing & hiring practices and interview stakeholder training across business units to facilitate talent acquisition productivity and predictable quality.
- Identify and leverage best practices and technology to drive smart hiring decisions and Candidate and Hiring Manager experience.
- Partner closely with internal teams – Human Resources Business Partners, Total Rewards, Recruiting Operations, Finance, University Recruiting, Legal, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent along with significant years of relevant & progressive experience leading an Executive Talent Acquisition organization.
- Superior business acumen.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to address complex issues.
- Proven track record of influencing and navigating organizational boundaries and building strong partnerships with all levels of stakeholders to produce results.
- A personal brand of leadership that speaks to inspirational qualities of driving for excellence, always finding a win/win solution, being an active listener and engaging communicator.
- A track record of building organizational capability and expertise through selecting and developing high performing team members.
- Talent Acquisition technology acumen and appetite to apply technology for gains in hiring quality and for pipeline building (e.g. social media and nurturing platforms.)
- Affinity and acumen in ‘evidence-based’ management and data-driven recruiting.
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.