Senior Product Manager (Service Provider – GlobalProtect cloud service)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a product manager for cloud services, you will play an instrumental role in building our creative cloud platform for security service delivery. The cloud platform is an emerging space where we are addressing new threats and need to be committed, driven individuals to shape how we protect the information in it. You will be responsible for innovating and building a cloud infrastructure that is critical to the success of our cloud-based offerings. You’ll play a key role in disrupting the security industry and fundamentally changing how enterprises consume security technology, resulting in a more secure digital environment.
In addition to your own creativity, you will rely on interaction with customers and partners to understand the requirements and needs that they face in their environments on a day-to-day basis. You’ll deliver product functionality for service providers that match the level of innovation found throughout our organization. You think about products differently, facing difficult challenges, and innovating solutions never created before. You will be involved with the service provider-focused products throughout all stages of life cycle: conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities.
- Full ownership of the strategy and feature set in your areas of focus
- Work on a roadmap for a cloud-delivered security service tailored for managed security service providers (MSSPs)
- Collaborating with Product Marketing to build product related sales and marketing materials; enthusiastically endorse the products and product strategy both internally and externally
- Define and deliver critical components of our cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with all product teams to build and deliver cloud-based security services
- Understand and write product requirements for new cloud infrastructure, in coordination with peer product managers
- Understand how all our security products work and identify what is needed for them to be successful in the cloud environment
- Develop creative features in support of a product strategy to address emerging needs
- Develop product roadmaps and services for “sell to” and “sell through” opportunities
- Support service providers with offering creation, go-to-market strategy, and implementation
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, pricing, product strategy, and product positioning
- Able to effectively communicate, with all invested areas of the organization, from engineering to sales
- Willingness to travel to further customer engagement and relationship development
- Anticipates future need and work to get ahead of potential client needs or requirements
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision-making
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Another engineering/technical degree
- Experience working with service providers and telcos on cloud-delivered services
- Understanding of cloud-delivered services with redundancy and scale
- Knowledge of BGP and VPNs
- Domain expertise in security and cloud architectures, networking, and security for service providers
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Experience in a software engineering role
- Minimum 2-4 years of product management or equivalent
- Previous experience in ownership of full product life
- Deep technical competence in product development, cloud environments or cybersecurity to provide oversight for requirements in their area to meet customer needs
- Significant experience in building and launching products/services for service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.