Telemetry Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● Develop, deploy and support device health and telemetry based applications
● Build scalable data ingestion and ETL modules capable of processing data from thousands of security end points
● Build efficient applications to extract insights about health and functioning of security devices
● Help prototype and implement predictive models to guide customers to a stable deployment posture
● Collaborate with other engineers and product managers across core security and infrastructure groups
● Experience with python required.
● Good understanding of design principles, data structures, building scalable and maintainable software required
● Experience with Java/Scala/Golang/C is a plus.
● Experience with distributed systems and cloud deployments using tools such as kubernetes, Hadoop, spark, prometheus, etc. desired
● Experience with ETL and ingestion data pipelines is a plus
● Self driven and passionate about learning
● Excellent oral and written communication, and analytical skills
● To apply, you must be pursuing or have completed a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree You must have the authorization to work within the United States
The telemetry team is a part of network security group and is responsible for creating applications and infrastructure in cloud for monitoring health and security of firewall devices.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.