Lead Business Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Lead Business Analyst knows and understands the main characteristics of the technology sales business (sales roles and processes, channels, marketing, order-to-cash processes, sales performance metrics, etc.). You are familiar with analytics tools, is an excellent and organized Project Manager, a good communicator that works well cross-functionally and someone that knows and/or believes in the power of Data as a strategic business tool. You will be responsible for the organization, accuracy, consistency and presentation of this information.
One of the main goals is to quickly put actionable information on the hands of those in a capacity to act. Some of the metrics and process we intend to improve or implement include forecasting, annual planning, productivity, sales performance, sales pipeline analysis, historic performance referencing, amongst others.
- Acting as the key supporting member for the Americas Sales & Sales Operations teams for reporting requirements and business analytics, under the guidance of the Americas Sales Operations Lead
- Provide recommendations, based on data analysis, in support of key business decisions that impact the Field Operations
- Continuous development of standard reporting tools to support the ever-changing requirements of the business
- Align with the salesforce.com implementation team around ongoing reporting requirements
- Manage and consolidate weekly forecasts, territory/account updates and ad hoc requests
- Work in conjunction with our reporting teams in feeding requirements into the reporting initiative
- Work with other Sales Operations teams, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources to develop scalable and repeatable solutions to share/maintain departmental headcount data
- Prepare executive presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or management
- Minimum 3+ years related experience in Sales Operations, Business Analysis or a Financial Analyst role
- Excellent knowledge of Excel specifically Pivot tables connecting to diverse data sources
- Familiarity is salesforce.com, Clari or other CRM tools
- Familiarity with Tableau or other analytics tools
- Knowledge of business KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and best practices around Dashboards and Report Visualization
- Understand the organization’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and outstanding listening and interpersonal skills
- Logical, efficient, and keen attention to detail
- Proven communication skills, IT and business oriented
- Capable skills in documentation of architecture business requirements and user processes
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and matrix reporting structure
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers to help them understand how our products can secure their environment. This is where our sales operation teams come in. Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations works behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
As part of our sales operations, you support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. You are committed to your team’s success – and enjoy pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.