Principal MacOS/Linux internals developer (Endpoint)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Principal OS internals developer for our macOS team in the Tel Aviv R&D center. You will be part of a team that designs and develops the low-level components of our groundbreaking endpoint security product for the Apple macOS platform.
More information about Endpoint Protection product can be found here.
- Design, implement and test critical components in the lower level parts of products, incl. kernel drivers and user-mode OS-related infrastructures, in both C and C++
- Work in close coordination with cross-platform teams and other OSes internals teams
- Participate in researching advanced technologies and their implications on security
- Research new technologies and adapt them for use in the company’s products
- Write design documents, SW development guidelines, and standard methodology practices
- Very strong C and C++ programming skills
- At least 6 years of experience in system-level programming
- Firm knowledge of Unix-style operating systems concepts
- Experience with multi-threaded application development
- Familiarity with and programming on macOS – a major advantage
- MacOS system-level development – an advantage
- MacOS kernel programming experience –an advantage
- Experience with Swift development on macOS - a significant advantage
- Experience with x86/x64 assembly language – an advantage
- Experience with software security – an advantage
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.