Intern - IT Big Data Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our AI & Analytics group is responsible for working with various business owners/stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, GCS, Infosec, Operations, and Finance to solve difficult business problems which will have a direct impact on the metrics defined to showcase the progress of Palo Alto Networks.
We leverage the latest technologies from Cloud & Big Data ecosystem to improve business outcomes and create through prototyping, Proof-of-Concept projects, and application development. We are seeking an intern for our team who will work closely with other Principal Engineers, Product Managers, Data Engineers & Data Scientists. In this role, you will work in the AI & A team to design, and deliver our next generation data services.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Build Internal or external customer facing applications in Cloud & Hadoop environments.
- Develop low latency, high throughput data pipelines in Hadoop and Cloud using leading edge technologies like Spark, Kafka, Beam, and other cloud specific technologies.
- Partner with data analysts, product owners to gather business and system requirements
- Build and Integrate applications with other external applications
- Assist with design, development of features to perform predictive analytics on big data sets
- Currently working towards a B.A./B. S/B.E./MS in a technical area (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Basic understanding of software design and development
- Basic understanding of developing cloud-based services (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Basic understanding of data analysis methods and approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Requirements – All applicants must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.
*Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position*
Our Data engineering team is responsible for deep diving into data, figuring out issues with the quality of data and coming up with advanced techniques to bring insights out of the data to solve business problems.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental.