Public Relations Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Public Relations Specialist, you will be part of the global PR team within Corporate Communications and report directly to the Senior Public Relations Manager. The preferred location for this position is in our Santa Clara headquarters.
• Manage the execution of our PR strategy for the Partner and Unit 42 threat intelligence teams in the US
• Manage the execution of our PR strategy in Canada and Brazil
• Write, edit, review and maintain status/drive progress of Partner press releases and blogs, including approval of content
• Review and maintain status/drive progress of Unit 42 blogs and reports, including managing PR execution
• Manage and maintain PR materials, processes and templates for use by the global PR team
• Support the execution of our global PR strategy
• Serve as the first point of contact for Partner, Unit 42, Canada and Brazil PR
• Manage US, Canada and Brazil PR agencies
• Build relationships with stakeholders to meet PR needs
• Analyze media coverage across online, print and broadcast to drive ongoing proactive story opportunities
• Successfully pitch stories and manage media relationships
• Manage and support media engagements, including interviews and events
• Develop media materials, including media lists, pitches, briefing documents, briefing books, messaging, FAQs and coverage reports
• Flag timely coverage to spokespeople
• Identify and coordinate media training for spokespeople
• Vet and manage speaking opportunities for spokespeople
• Agency or in-house experience with the ability to develop a clear understanding of the Palo Alto Networks business and our mission
• Ability to develop PR plans and impart knowledge to stakeholders
• Willingness and ability to think beyond traditional PR tactics and strategies to design/execute integrated communications approaches
• Possess strong writing, editing and proofreading skills and have a firm grasp of AP style, with an eye for attention to detail
• Possess strong critical thinking, project management and time management skills, with the ability to be flexible and solutions-oriented as well as lead and manage projects simultaneously on deadline
• Maintain relationships with media
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to work effectively in a global team environment
• Comfort and familiarity with a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with a cybersecurity company is a plus, but not required
• Ability to travel up to 15%
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
• 3+ years of experience in public relations (agency or in-house)
• You must have the authorization to work within the United States
The primary objective of our global Public Relations team is to increase thought leadership and positive notoriety for Palo Alto Networks. We are an industry disrupter that became an industry leader. We do things differently here, and our challenge is to strategically engage media to influence them on our unique approach to cybersecurity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.