Cloud Security Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be part of a business-critical capability to enable our customers’ secure environments. You act as their day-to-day technical contact, building relationships with them to ensure proper security integrations. This includes guidance for adoption, accelerated integrations with new cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You are highly technical, understands cloud technologies, and understands the complex world of cloud eco-systems and integrations.
You love solving critical problems in challenging environments. In this role, you will work closely with CISOs, Security Architects, Customer Success Managers, and Development Operations teams within mid-to-large enterprises to implement best-in-class cloud security solutions. You will be the frontline defense against the world’s most pressing cybersecurity challenges. The result for the client? Better digital protection. The result for you? An important career that impacts our daily lives in the digital age.
- Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Assist customers in implementing Palo Alto Networks cloud solutions and fully integrate these into their security operations
- Be the first line of defense in proactively addressing customer needs for technical assistance, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Coach customers on how to establish and manage their Cloud Security Change Management / Governance / Center of Excellence program
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Be a Go-To customer expert on Palo Alto Networks cloud security solutions and become a Subject Matter expert over time
- Performance metrics include CSAT, Renewal rate, Upsell / Cross-sell lead identification, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in technical support, consulting or similar roles
- In-depth understanding of Networking concepts and experience with multi-vendor networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, traffic generators, etc.
- Experience in working with Palo Alto Firewall Central Management Systems, GPCS and Logging Service, and multi-factor authentication security system (tokens, certificates, CAC cards, and similar) required
- Real-time troubleshooting experience with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls in the cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) required
- Enterprise level troubleshooting experience in Routing & Switching Protocols (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Expertise with Remote Access VPN solutions, IPSEC, PKI & SSL, TCP/IP, Authentication Protocols (LDAP, RADIUS, etc.)
- Proven track record of managing customer escalations, balancing customer expectations and negotiating successful resolutions
- Strong consulting and project management skills
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, executives and explain their impact on business both internal and external to their organization
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to provide after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis
- Flexibility for travel up to 30%
Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable our customers to derive maximum value from our once they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new solutions, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We enthusiastically identify technical problems and aim to fix those, before they become an issue. We are driven to becoming the best customer success organization in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and cyberattacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.