EMEA ELA Operations Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.Your Career
The strategic deal center is a new function within Palo Alto Networks In close partnership with the regional sales teams within EMEA, its core purpose is to increase, develop, manage large deals ($5M in stand-alone or ongoing revenue and/or deemed strategic by senior executives management) Typically these deals would be with Fortune 500 or part of G2000 accounts or in-country top-ranking companies and institutions.
- Provides business, pricing, product knowledge, and analytical support to sales for large and complex deals(>$5M) across EMEA
- Articulates pricing solution from opportunity/quote to the final presentation
- Coordinates deal approval process with pursuit director and sales management
- Acts as the primary point of contact for internal and external queries with regards to specific ELAs
- Collaborates closely with the entire EMEA Pursuit team and other internal business stakeholders such as finance, legal, operations, solution architects
- Reviews of active deal progress phases to ensure optimal deal processing cycle times, exceptional forecast accuracy and solid execution against the agreed plan
- Owns and manages the generation of standard contractual documentation
- Validates customer purchase orders for approved ELAs quote documentation
- Drives enhancements in the ELA process
- Prepares reports
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Assist Pursuit Director in all facets of sales planning, forecasting, and deal structuring
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a similar role within Deal Desk or Sales Operations
- Experience in a fast-growth organization ideally one with an enterprise technology focus (prior experiences in SaaS, Cloud, and Cybersecurity are a plus)
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics, statistics, and any related discipline
- Advanced data analysis & management techniques. You are able to analyze and interpret data from different sources in an impactful way
- Strong understanding of sales process, methodologies and license agreement end to end processes
- Details orientation. You have an eye for detail and you will strive for 100% accuracy
- Highly organized: You are able to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Demonstrated capability to build strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Team player: you will be interacting with many individuals from different organizations and backgrounds who will be relying on you and vice-versa. You communicate with them clearly, effectively and in a collaborative way reflecting our corporate values at all times.
- Track record in delivering results: You get things done by demonstrating excellent prioritization and project management skills – you can coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously in a high-paced business environment
- Proficient use of G suite and Salesforce.com platform
- You can communicate fluently in the English language. Any additional language will be considered as a plus
Our sales operation & strategy team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.Our Commitment
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.