At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Lab Administrator, you will be responsible for the deployment, configuration, management and maintenance of lab equipment. This includes racking equipment such as firewalls, servers and switches, power cabling, network cabling, OS installation (ESXi, Linux, Windows, PanOS), VM deployment, network configuration, vSwitch configuration, VLAN configuration, and troubleshooting network problems. You will perform setup and verification of regression testbeds, and ongoing maintenance of the testbeds. Ideally, you can contribute to scripting the setup and configuration of testbeds using shell scripting, python, Ansible and PowerShell.
● Unbox and rack new equipment
● Connect power cables and network cables
● Install ESXi and Linux on servers
● Deploy Linux, Windows and PanOS VMs on ESXi using vCenter
● Configure networking on Linux, Windows, and PanOS devices and VMs
● Configure VLAN switches
● Troubleshoot networking problems
● Full setup and verification of regression testbeds
● Experience racking, deploying and configuring lab equipment
● Good understanding of Linux networking configuration and debugging
● Experience configuring 802.1q VLANs
● Experience using vCenter to deploy and clone VMs, create and manage vSwitches
● Experience installing OSes on physical servers and VMs, including ESXi, Linux, and Windows
● Experience troubleshooting layers 1, 2, and 3 networking problems
● Additional experience with setup and maintenance of Active Directory servers and scripting in bash, python, Ansible, and PowerShell would be beneficial
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.