Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
The Manager of Sales Strategy & Operations AMER partners and supports the leadership to the Sales organisation to drive performance management, analytics, and growth. This includes improving operational processes and offering advice on maximizing opportunities using their deep understanding of the business. This job will involve a mix of strategic planning, sales operations, finance, and analysis – requiring a mix of coverage and territory strategy and optimization, capacity planning, and business operational support.
Sample projects range from the strategic to the very operational including recommendations on account coverage and go-to-market model, strategic plan, customer segmentation, customer success performance evaluation, analysis of trends, regular review of key performance metrics, and formulation of meaningful and actionable recommendations. You must be able to develop relationships with stakeholders across our Americas Sales organization and partner with leaders from Finance, Sales Operations, Channel, Marketing, and Sales Development.
● Work closely with Theatre Sales Operations, establish qualitatively and quantitative KPIs and Scorecards allowing sales leadership to take a pulse of each performance initiative
● Assist in sales strategy and GTM segmentation and execution of pathway businesses and work closely with functional and sales management on coverage strategy implementation
● Support annual, semi-annual sales planning including quota plan, quota optimizations, and territory splits/optimizationManage and report on bookings forecast using existing internal processes, methodology and automation/forecasting tools; drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards
● Analytics: convert raw data into well-presented and useful business information
● Create reports and are system savvy so you know what data to extract and from where and can work around technical limitations
● Drive standards of performance and specific actions that drive sales activities at the territory level that are consistent with predefined success criteria for the sales organisation; track and report on these activities on a periodic basis
● Assist Sales Leadership including Theater SVP in all facets of Sales planning, quarterly business review meetings, forecasting, and deal structuring
● 4+ Years experience in Sales Operations, Consulting, Finance or related function
● A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
● Strong understanding of sales processes, business acumen, and methodologies
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
● Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
● Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
● Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications; Salesforce.com experience a strong plus
● Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.