Principal SQA Engineer (Public Cloud Security)
The Public Cloud Security team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises use public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With the recent acquisition of two leading companies in this space - RedLock® and Evident.io, Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space. This engineering group is part of our recent acquisition of RedLock and Evident.io
- Build test automation frameworks
- Build tooling for QA, development, and operations
- Working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and tools
- Define testing strategy, metrics and execute performance-related requirements
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Career level years of proven experience with testing PAAS products such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Azure
- Experience with programming/test automation languages like Python
- Experience testing Rest APIs at scale
- Experience building automation frameworks
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes would be a huge plus
- Experience with working big data and databases such as Postgres SQL, RDS, RedShift
- Experience driving performance test efforts for complex, asynchronous microservice-based systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual who can work across distributed teams
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that actively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about crafting products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with a rare opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.