Cortex Data Lake Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative candidate to join the Cortex data lake team as a Software Engineer. You will be part of a team that helps develop components of Cortex data lake which receives and stores massive amounts of data and makes it available for data processing. You will work on our cloud-hosted data lake, building services using best practices of software development. You will be working on one or more areas of cortex data lake including stream processing, query execution and optimization, data processing pipelines, and data management.
● Hands-on experience with cloud production environment
● Learn the latest big data technologies and get hands-on experience by working on them
● Work with different development and product management groups to achieve the best quality
● Troubleshoot customer issues
● Exposure to the newest industry technologies such as Kubernetes, Big Query, Apache Beam/Dataflow, Kafka
● Have extensive hands-on programming skills in Java, and proficiency in at least 1 other programming language
● Understanding of big data technologies is a plus: such as Kafka, Big Query, Kubernetes/Docker, streaming processing engines (Samza, Flink, or Dataflow).
● Experience in one or more cloud platforms, such as AWS, GCP, is a plus
● High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Strong collaboration and communication skills
With Cortex Data Lake, we’re building the foundations of the next inflection point in the security industry by combining our deep expertise in security with the state of the art in large-scale infrastructure for data processing and machine learning. The team consists of engineers who are committers and PMC members in multiple open source projects including Apache Hadoop, Samza, Hive, Calcite, and Cloudstack.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.