Senior DevOps SRE (Behavioral Analytics)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators - engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
More information about Magnifier Behavioral Analytics product can be found here.
- Full responsibility and ownership of the operation in the production of a large scale GCP cloud running our innovative SaaS cyber-security product
- Build automated tools for cloud operations such as automated remediation of known issues, auto-scaling, etc.
- Work closely with the Cloud Incident Response Team and provide tools, run-books, and training
- Work with the Engineering team and influence the operability of the product
- Partner with the InfoSec team to define and implement security measures and monitoring around our cloud infrastructure
- You will write automation code and build tools to integrate multiple on-premise, private and public cloud services
- 5+ years as DevOps operations engineer with a passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high reliability and service level
- High proficiency in scripting – Shell scripts & Python preferred
- High proficiency with Linux
- High proficiency with virtualized and containerized environments (OpenStack, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Proficiency with Google Cloud Platform operations a plus
- Proficiency with CI/CD, Configuration Management, Jenkins and Salt preferred
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.