Associate POC Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The function of Corporate Systems Engineer - POC is to support the Sales Organization and testing activities on behalf of key strategic customers. This is a hands-on customer facing technical position. Building and communicating security testing standard methodologies and assisting customers with their test requirements are key elements of this role.
- Responsible for scoping, configuring, delivering and documenting proof of concept tests to meet customer requirements
- Do more than just "follow the manual"
- Implement and maintain automation features using tools and scripting languages
- Be an evangelist of Performance testing methodologies
- Be organized and can keep accurate records
- Be punctual, dependable and able to work with remote supervision
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Able to self-learn different and new technologies related to network, security and application performance
- Proven experience with software automation with a scripting language such as PERL, TCL or Python
- Able to test and troubleshoot firewall and network equipment functionalities and performance
- 2 plus years of related technical experience
- Knowledgeable in Firewall, Switching and Routing equipment and configuration
- Knowledgeable in at least one test equipment such as Ixia Breaking Point (Layer 4-7), Spirent Avalanche or Test Center (Layer 2-7) or general testing equipment configuration and execution
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office applications are required as well as the skills to communicate effectively via email, phone, online and customer presentation
- Passionate about and understand special custom configurations needed for firewall and networking devices to achieve maximum performance for a variety of conditions
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyber threats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.