Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (Networking)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch technical marketing engineers to expand the team. As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our employees.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of network security. The individual will help develop and run performance tests, manage betas for new products, consult with customers on complex deployments, develop and deliver technical trainings for Systems Engineers and document technical concepts to educate our employees and customer base.
You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed. The job requires approximately 10 percent travel.
- Work with Systems Engineers and customers on complex deployments to help ensure successful product deployment.
- Be the subject matter expert on Palo Alto Networks products to help Systems Engineers with product related questions.
- Utilize performance test equipment to validate device performance.
- Build out and manage lab environments and demo systems to replicate customer environments and real-world simulations.
- Participate in product beta programs and work with customers, product managers, and engineers to complete testing, gather detailed feedback, and replicate issues.
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible.
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development.
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in computer networking (routing and switching devices).
- Strong understanding and work experience with TCP/IP, UDP, routing protocols, DHCP, DNS, enterprise/data center networking topologies. Production experience with OSPF and BGP protocols is required.
- Good understanding of internet protocols, cloud protocols are highly desired.
- Experience with high availability topologies and technologies such as Active/Passive, Active/Active, VRRP, HSRP are required.
- Strong virtualization skills and experience with hypervisors and public cloud. Must have production lab or data center experience with application staging and maintenance.
- Prior working experience with network test equipment like Ixia/BreakingPoint/Spirent highly desired.
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems, Active Directory, AD GPO, and radius.
- Working experience with scripting languages such as python and perl.
- Strong understanding of network security concepts and working experience with the following:
- Next generation firewalls and associated management systems
- IDS/IPS devices
- Denial of Service solutions
- User ID, Application ID, security policy classification
- SSL Decryption, certificate stores, PKI
- Load balancers
- ICAP protocol, DLP solutions
- Self-starter with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with high levels of detail and hit deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills and tradeshow experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.