Major Account Manager (Beijing based)
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Major Account Business is a significant driver of company revenue and growth. As an experienced and dynamic sales professional, you’re responsible for leading and driving sales engagements. You’re motivated by the desire to solve critical challenges facing our customer’s secure environment, so you’re prepared to connect them with a solution for every stage of threat prevention.
You’ll be responsible for meeting and exceeding your quota by crafting and implementing strategic territory plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. This is a unique opportunity for a closer with a self starter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing competing technologies. Oh, and did we say you love to sell? Because selling is what gets you out of bed every morning. This is not just a career – it’s a meaningful challenge that impacts our lives in the digital age.
- In close partnership with your Systems Engineer, use enterprise account selling strategies into a mix of install base and competitively held private companies in North China with your Systems Engineer partner - sell product, solutions, and services and succeed at your quota
- Overachieve on annual quota, measured quarterly
- Deliver a predictable book of business to drive forecast accuracy
- Engage account planning process to map solutions to client initiatives
- Proposal generation articulating financial ROI/TCO value
- Foster deep partnerships and utilize channel partners and technology partners, locally and nationally
- Use all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: inside sales, channel systems engineering, field marketing, cyber security sales specialists, the services team, sales operations (including deal desk and the response team) and others
- Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements
- Prospect for new business with new and existing customers. You are responsible for both land and expand
- Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that expand and improve Palo Alto Networks’ opportunity
- Keep your pipeline accurate and your forecast updated for management
- Work in a dynamic, success driven environment
- Track record of exceeding quota for 8+ years
- Successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to enterprise customers
- Ability to cultivate relationships with key executives and decision-makers in pursuit of a successful cross-functional, enterprise-level sale
- Balance strategic, dedicated account activity with a get-ahead of the problem approach
- Proven ability of uncovering, qualifying, developing, and closing new, white-space accounts
- Possess a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools and/or network technologies
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with technology minded individuals and senior business executives at the “C” level- you are comfortable articulating the technical and business value of the Palo Alto Networks platform
- Ability to figure out which methodology to employ in each situation (i.e. point-product selling, “Challenger” sale, etc)
- Ability to travel as necessary to assigned accounts and to company-wide meetings
- You have a BS technical degree or equivalent experience
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.