Technical Support Engineer Tier 3
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this role, you will provide post-sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, email, and web. Regularly updating support cases to record the progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. You will work to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations. Some travel may be required to customer sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. You will also work with Development, Sales, Q/A, and Marketing to build positive customer experience.
● Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
● Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
● Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner
● Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
● Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base
● Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
● Participation in on-call duties
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Fluent knowledge of English. Knowledge of any other major European language will be an advantage
● Required experience with TCP/IP
● Strong experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
● Strong experience with Security (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
● Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet products a plus.
● Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
● Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required
Our Technical Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and fixing integrations and critical issues as they are raised — in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.