Test Engineer (Cloud Security Services)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The team is responsible for testing the Palo Alto Networks cloud infrastructure that delivers real-time updates to our customers to ensure that their networks are secure. We are looking for ambitious individuals who have a strong interest in automation and working with new cloud technologies. Responsibilities include creating/executing effective tests, development of automation tools/frameworks, and involvement in new feature design/development. The individual will also play a key role in release cycles by maintaining open communication between product management, development, and support.
- Build and maintain automation test frameworks
- Build tools for QA, development, and operations
- Work with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies and tools
- Define testing strategies, build metrics/monitoring, and execute performance-related requirements
- Be part of a team responsible for delivering cloud services in DNS Security and URL-Filtering
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with programming/scripting language (Python)
- Experience testing Rest APIs
- Experience building or working with automation frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience with messaging software (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with databases (Redis, MySQL)
- Experience with Linux based operating systems
- Good understanding of L4-L7 protocols (DNS, HTTP, SSL/TLS)
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual who can work across distributed teams
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.