Sr. IT Systems Engineer (Corporate Systems)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The End User Engineering team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to help lead the collaboration side of the team. You will be responsible for deploying new services and sunsetting old ones, which can range from SaaS applications for a business to company-wide solutions.
You are passionate about agile and are an experienced scrum master passionate who thrives in enabling teams to perform at their best leveraging agile best practices. Removing roadblocks, facilitating scrum ceremonies and grooming product backlogs with product owners is your expertise. You enjoy partnering with product owners and technical teams to deliver minimal viable product in every sprint and seeing visions come to fruition.
- Serve as the final escalation point for the team’s critical services, including all G Suite, Slack, AD, and search
- Work closely with the End User Engineering team to work outages and issues pertaining to companywide services
- Complete projects aligned towards the overall vision, strategy and roadmap for all communication and collaboration platforms used by Palo Alto Networks
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders (People Team, Marketing, PR, etc.) across the company and translate their needs into requirements
- Develop a product vision by engaging with internal stakeholders, employees, and then break that vision down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Document and provide training for Level 1 and 2 admins for new functionality deployed by the End User Engineering team
- Understanding of GAM to create automation and administer the G Suite environment
- Experience supporting and administrating G Suite using GAM
- Experiencing with PowerShell/Bash
- Experience with AD and LDAP
- Ability to manage large-scale deployments
- Team player attitude
- Ability to move quickly, take initiative, multi-task and work cross-functionally
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Experience with change management
- Have worked with ticketing/incident management systems such as Jira and ServiceNow
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Experience defining and writing process/procedure documentation
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
The Employee Success Team
Builds and supports technology to create delightful experiences for our employees. It’s crucial that everything we offer and create are easy for people to use and understand. We have a high-performance culture filled with people that refuse to take no for an answer. Our team takes pride in taking technical excellence to a whole new level and are intrinsically motivated to do some of our best work yet.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.