Business Development Representative
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Be the first point of contact for potential customers
- Qualify inbound leads from businesses and help move them through the sales funnel through effective inbound qualification and accurate and consistent documentation of your notes in SFDC
- Generate net new prospective clients through highly targeted outbound prospecting campaigns by phone, email, social media, and more
- Set meetings and manage the process, coordinating between all parties involved, on both customer side and Palo Alto Networks
- Provide customers with expert advice on their security strategy for Incident Response and Security Operations
- Give effective customer presentations of the Cortex Security suite to help educate prospects and acquire new customers
- Work with an international team of technology veterans to help drive net new business
- Meet and exceed sales quotas every month, quarter, and year to help drive company bottom line
- Work closely with your manager and your peers to ensure your and the company's success.
- A strong understanding of the enterprise sales environment
- 2-3 years of Inside Sales Experience with a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- A scientific, strategic and process-oriented mindset that helps you consistently improve operating efficiency and individual sales results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. A strong grasp of grammar, email etiquette and an ability to shape your communications according to the target person or audience.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in taking pride in doing a great job at anything they set their mind to.
- They will be highly competitive and driven to win, both personally and for the company.
- Startups excite you, and you are passionate about new technologies
- You have a keen interest in business and entrepreneurship.
- Selling is second nature to you
- You love working in small teams, collaborating with your peers
- You are flexible and can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- You are fun, humble, laser-focused, and competitive
The position is designed to develop excellent sales starters into successful inside sales/sales people
In the role you will
- Become a security sales expert
- Have the opportunity to learn Cortex, Security Operations, and Incident Response inside and out
- Help grow the company by winning customers and continuously improving your conversion rates
- Learn to give excellent product and sales presentations to customers
- Work with a talented and fun group of people that will inspire you to achieve new heights in your career
We work hand-in-hand with organizations around the world as they move to a more secure environment. As part of the Business Development team, you find and create opportunity, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.