Escalations Engineer (Cloud Products)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safe.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyber threat.
The ETAC team is an exciting crossroads between Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and Engineering.
The team is empowered to drive decisions and to be the thought leaders within the Global Customer Support organization at Palo Alto Networks. On any given day members of the team may work with new products and software very early in the new product introduction (NPI) process, provide training, assist a support engineer with a customer issue, replicate a complex issue in our lab, evaluate customer network design or help improve features for supportability and usability. We are a relatively small global team and will only consider the top people from a support or engineering background.
You are good candidate if you are excellent at working with many cross-functional teams such as developers, product management, sales and also customers. In particular, you will be engaging with our successful Detection and Response security product (Cortex XDR) which incorporates cloud, endpoint and network data, allowing you to be involved with different technologies- From deep OS knowledge (Windows, Mac and Linux) to networking and cloud (AWS, GCP).
- Enablement of the TAC teams - assist with ad hoc Q&A but this also includes some structured training throughout the year
- Ownership of critical issues. This doesn’t mean being responsible for the case, the focus is on the technical driver of the case the customer calls about. This usually means working with the TAC case owner and development engineering on replication or verification and communicating updates
- New product development - combine the responsibility of continuing our state-of-the-art technical knowledge and skills learned from prior technical support, an ETAC engineer will identify supportability and usability requirements for new products during the design phase as well as post GA via enhancement requests
- Develop and deliver training material for TAC. Training is a key component of the day-to-day success of support. An ETAC engineer is responsible for staying up to date with technical details on Palo Alto Networks new products and industry in general and sharing those details with TAC via white papers, BBLs, or TOIs
- Develop tools for TAC – For a better visibility, troubleshooting and to reduce the load on Engineering
- Filling in the gaps. Sometimes there are opportunities to “catch” a problem before it escalated. ETAC is positioned to identify or help in these unplanned projects that result in better customer experience, or a cost reduction or better security
- Senior support engineer (5+ years’ experience) with CS/EE/Networking masters or equivalent background
- Experience working directly with large global customers and partners in addition to internal teams (such as DevOps, Engineering, QA, Product management..)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience with networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP..)
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols
- Scripting (C/C++/Python) knowledge
- Experience with SQL
- Experience training internal teams is a plus
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain different.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.