Senior Software Developer (QA Automation)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will build, automate, and run performance testing scenarios for our products in virtualized elements. We are looking for highly technical individuals driven in their desire to get hands-on experience with a wide variety of networking technologies. You'll work closely with our development and product management teams, testing and presenting the results to identify new approaches. You will participate in design discussions and help make a difference in developing the future direction of our software.
You will drive the efficiency and reliability of our products by testing them thoroughly to understand potential risks, bugs, or issues, providing an exemplary product experience for our end users. You strive for the best in everything you do—meaning you won’t rest until the products you work on at the highest quality. You love hunting for problems within code, seeking issues to correct, and enjoy the challenge of a code-based scavenger hunt that includes testing, providing feedback, and identifying alternative suggestions for our product’s environment.
● Responsible for the design and development of frameworks and scripts for automated testing of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls
● Focus on security features such as Application Detection, Threat Prevention, Anti-Virus, and URL Filtering
● Develop framework and scripts that execute the required tests and write results to a database, as well as web pages for monitoring test execution and viewing results
● Consult with product managers, developers, and QA engineers to define test requirements
● Setup and maintain automation testbeds
● Debug test failures
● Submit bug reports to developers
● Work with developers and QA engineers to reproduce issues
● Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
● Solid understanding of object-oriented design principles
● 3+ years of full-time Python development, webpages, scripts, and frameworks
● Good knowledge of TCP/IP and socket level programming
● Experience writing SQL database queries
● Experience using Linux, ESXi and VCenter
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.