International Tax Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The International Tax Manager will join our growing team of tax professionals located at HQ in Santa Clara, CA. The International Tax Manager will join the team in contributing to all areas of international tax and specifically managing contract review to optimize Palo Alto Networks tax position, intercompany agreements and M&A. We are seeking a colleague who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a fast-paced growing software and SaaS company. The International Tax Manager will be a qualified tax professional with solid experience in WW tax compliance, M&A, Intercompany transactions, US international tax, Transfer Pricing and ASC 740.
- Assist in M&A activities, Tax Due Diligence and integration
- Manage tax review of Palo Alto Networks’ contracts with customers
- Support international tax projects in planning and execution
- Manage, draft and maintain intercompany agreements
- Proactively identify issues, develop strategies, and drive implementation of solutions
- Provide strategic support on the international tax aspects of tax examinations and inquiries by the IRS and foreign tax authorities
- Partner with various stakeholders across the business in managing tax matters
- Contribute to the design and implementation of automated tools to drive efficiency/process improvements.
- Keep current on developments in global tax that may affect our business, including monitoring and analyzing tax legislation
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax (plus JD, MS preferred), CPA and/or Tax Attorney
- 5-7 years or more of relevant international tax experience in Big 4, law firm and/or tech industry
- Strong technical tax knowledge and experience in planning, implementing and managing global tax strategies and inter-company transactions
- Experience with income and indirect tax aspects of acquisitions, including tax due diligence as well as tax structuring of acquisitions, and planning and implementing integrations of multinational businesses and IP rights ownership structures
- Experience with international tax issues, transfer pricing, withholding tax and Permanent Establishment analysis
- Capable of quickly understanding and integrating business objectives with tax strategies
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations of quantitative and strategic solutions and initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with all levels of management
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional internal and external business partners and consultants.
- Experience working for high growth SaaS and software companies tax departments
- Experience in income and indirect tax aspects of commercial contracts
- Thorough working knowledge of US federal and international corporate income taxes
- Working knowledge of major country foreign income tax systems is preferred
- Experience developing and implementing step plans and related documents/contracts/memoranda for restructuring and acquisition integration strategies
- Flexible time schedule that allows periodic overlap with international locations
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.